Be the 1st to form a line of four pieces, ( horizontally, vertically or diagonally ) which all have at least one characteristic in common. (Height or Colour or Shape or Solid/ Hollow)
Each of the 16 pieces has 4 different attributes. The aim is to line up 4 pieces which share the same attribute. The problem is you can't choose which piece you're going to play. Your opponent chooses for you.
Contents : a board with 16 squares, 16 different pieces each with 4 characteristics.
- Mensa Select Top 5 Best Games
- Parent’s Choice Gold Award
- Dé d’Or des Créateurs de Jeux
- Oscar du Jouet-Toy Oscar
- Jouet de l’année-Game of the Year
- Super As d’Or Festival International des Jeux-Super Golden Ace
- Toy Award
- Spiel des Jahres-Game of the Year
- Giocco Dell’anno-Game of the Year
- Speelgoed Vant Jaar-Game of the year
- Best Bet of the Toy Testing Council
- Prix d’Excellence des Consommateurs-Consumer’s Toy Award
- Games Magazine “Games 100 Selection”
- Game of the Year – FINLAND
- Parent’s Choice Top 25 games in 25 years
Mandated by European and International toy safety standards EN71
Quarto is an outstanding strategy game of deductive reasoning.
Fun way to practise:
Logical Reasoning, Problem Solving, Abstract Thinking, Advanced planning, Decision Making
Good training for:
Click here to view the Quarto edu sheet